For every human, their hands are the most dependable and reliable part of the body. We largely depend on our hands to lead good and comfortable lives and we can’t afford to harm them anyways. We have the perception that our hands are quite strong and sturdy. However, that’s not true. Our hands are quite fragile and can be at risk if we are engaged in a high-risk job industry. One such job industry is the oil and gas industry.
Oil and Gas Industry
The oil and gas industry is one of the most dangerous industries where there is a high risk of fire and explosion. Also, there are high chances that the workers in the oilfield and oil rig can harm their hands. Hand injuries are one of the most common types of hazards in oil fields. However, the good thing is that they are avoidable. If the workers wear the right protection equipment and follow the rules, they can protect themselves from losing their hands and fingers. After all, it has been seen that a large percentage of hand injuries has decreased because the workers used the right protective equipment.
If you are also someone working in the oilfields without gloves, it is high time that you change your approach. After all, using the right protective equipment will not only help you remain protected but also let you do the job properly without worrying about risks. That’s why it is advised to use anti-impact gloves for oilfield and oil rig workers. So, if you want to keep your hands and fingers protected, and do your job properly, you need to get yourself impact-resistant and oil-resistant gloves.
Tips to Buy Impact Gloves
When you are looking for anti-impact gloves, you should look for gloves that are made with flexible materials like flexible thermoplastic rubber. You have to make sure that the material is covering all the areas that have more risk of getting hurt. For example, knuckles, fingertips, and backs of hands.
If you are an oilfield or oil rig worker, you must look for a pair of gloves that provides you resistance to not only but also water and petrochemical products. Other than that, make sure that the gloves also offer a high drip control in wet, oily, and dry settings.
Furthermore, you must remember the gloves you buy have the following features:
- Dexterity – This is essential to ensure that your hands can do the job perfectly even with the gloves on your hands. If the gloves are not flexible enough, it might be hard for you to do your job perfectly.
- Flame-resistant materials – You have to make sure that you use gloves that are resistant to heat and flames. After all, you will be handling oils and chemicals all the time and if exposed to any combustion that might set on the fire. So, be careful while selecting your working gloves.
- Longevity – Anti-impact gloves are generally high-quality gloves that can be used for a long period of time. In other words, if you start using them, you don’t have to replace them too often.
- Antimicrobial barrier lining – Since you will be continuously working in oilfields for prolonged hours, you have to make sure that your hands are dry and healthy. You can easily do that with these anti-impact gloves without any fear of fungal growth or bacterial infection.
- Reflective materials – These anti-impact gloves have fluorescent yellow and orange Hi-Vis back. So, they help the workers and their hands remain visible at night or in other low-light environments.
- Wrist closure – If you get anti-impact gloves of the right size, they will perfectly remain fitted to your hands and there is no chance of leakage. So, your hands will absolutely remain free from debris, dust, dirt, and oil, and your gloves will be clean from inside.
The Bottom Line
We tried our best to provide you with solid information about anti-impact gloves. Hopefully, now, you will be clearer on why it is important to use anti-impact gloves for oilfield and oil rig workers. If you want to buy a pair of anti-impact gloves, you just need to visit an online gloves store and find the best anti-impact gloves for your hands to keep them protected. so, without wasting your time thinking too much, you should get the right pair of impact-resistant gloves and protect your precious hands.